Lunaya Pravda

28 June 2007

Tagged - a meme

I've been tagged with a meme.

The Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.
  1. Since Dare2bFree asked when she tagged me, the new car is a white Honda CR-V EX with 4WD. It's awesome as only a new car can be, though I admit with as old and funky as my Camry was getting, it wouldn't take much for any car to seem shiny. But the new wheels are several steps up in improvement, and I'm quite happy with my purchase. Since I'm not one to buy a new car every 3-5 years, I splurged and got what I really wanted.

  2. I hate sharing an elevator, and if I'm in a particularly bad mood, I'll go out of my way to get an elevator to myself. I'm not keen on idle chitchat, and for some reason, I seem to attract folks--and even total strangers--who feel compelled to break a perfectly satisfying silence with inane bullshit. Weather, not awake yet, getting off work late... blah blah blah. Unless you're a good friend, just let me have these 30 seconds to myself, please.

  3. Three and a half years ago, I got drunk at the company Christmas party and broke my leg right above the ankle. Well, I broke it AFTER the party, but still in front of several friends and coworkers. High heels and an open bar don't mix. Fortunately my car has an automatic transmission, and through sheer luck I ended up in a walking cast, so it wasn't a horribly traumatic hassle. Even after all this time, I still feel the humiliation over that bonehead fuck-up--I can almost feel my face flushing as I'm typing this. That level of public drunkenness is not happening in my life again again... EVER.

  4. My first job out of college was a paid internship at an oil refinery. I worked in the environmental department, and came in on weekends to test and monitor the wastewater treatment system. Despite the unpleasant odors, I truly enjoyed donning coveralls and climbing around the system taking water samples. Got me in great shape, too.

  5. FRNs must be organized a certain way in my wallet--numerically increasing in denomination from front to back, with the heads right side up and facing me as I open the wallet. Anything else is perverse and wrong.

  6. Arches National Park is my favorite national park visited to date. I've visited three times--the first during my six-week college field session. I've made the hike to Delicate Arch each time, hiked the primitive trail through Devil's Garden, and gone on the guided Fiery Furnace hike. Whenever I go back, I intend to get a day pass to hike in the Fiery Furnace without a guide. My worst experience there was a trip during which I acquired many itchy mosquito bites, and took some Excedrin PM to stop the itching. Little did I know that Excedrin PM not only lacked the caffeine of it's daytime counterpart, it contains a mild sedative. It stopped my desire to scratch those pesky bites, along with the desire to do anything else. The unfortunate part is that it kicked in around 10AM during the arduous hike up a completely exposed slickrock face toward Delicate Arch. Imagine the worst l-tryptophan drowsiness you've ever had, and multiply it by 5. If we hadn't been baking in the hot sun, I'd have sprawled out and taken a nap.

  7. When I was first learning to ride a bicycle (oh-so-stylish blue with a glittery silver and white banana seat!), I ran squarely into the back of a parked car--not a sideswipe, mind you--and severely scrunched up my front fender. Then after dad straightened out my fender, I came extremely close to hitting the exact same car on the exact same turn. Not one of my more graceful moments.
I don't really have anyone I'd like to tag--mostly since Dare2bFree tagged the folks I'd have tagged, so I'll violate the rules of the meme and leave it at that.

Labels: ,