Lunaya Pravda

21 April 2006

Local businesses I love

Kirsten over at Enjoy Every Sandwich occasionally gives a nod to local businesses she frequents and enjoys, and in doing so, has inspired me to do the same. For those of us adverse to the impersonal, over-commercialized corporate chains, knowing and recommending good local businesses helps keep them afloat, giving us all the opportunity to avoid those cookie-cutter dens of imperfection and visit our favorite local holes-in-the-wall.

I'd just like to mention what I think is the best sushi restaurant I've found so far on the West Coast. Gari of Sushi, 1209 S. 38th St., Tacoma, has some of the most innovative rolls I've yet seen in a sushi bar. The service is excellent, the prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is quiet. Of course, they always have the small television tuned into some weird Japanese take on American Gladiators, but it's just one more quaint aspect of the place that charms me.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Labels: