Lunaya Pravda

27 October 2006

Quote of the Day

From The Dilbert Blog:

But the best part of this story is the cleric’s defense that he was just quoting an “ancient scholar.” Apparently that strategy worked out pretty well for the Pope, so he thought he’d give it a go. People understand that sort of thing. Here’s an example of how you can use this method at home:

You: “Your mother smells of horse crap and sailors…”

Other Guy: “You take that back!”

You: “…said the ancient scholar.”

Other Guy: “Oh, sorry. I thought it was you saying it.”

I'm going to have to remember that one the next time my mother and I get into a round of name-calling. There MUST be an ancient scholar somewhere who once referred to his mother as a crap weasel. (Mom, you'll just have to conveniently forget that I typed this - and by convenience, I mean mine.)

Labels: ,